Monday, July 20, 2009

WHY?

I know I am not a perfect wife, daughter, sister or Friend; I don't even pretend to be a perfect mom but after 20 years...Why?

Why, after I tell my daughter to call before she walks to work because there is a power outage and they might not need her, does she walk to work (1.5 miles) in 100 degree heat, only to find out they don't need her due to the power outage? WHY?

Why, when I leave my children to go on a date with hubby, after telling them repeatedly to get jobs (they each have one room a day that they are responsible for) and showers done, do I come home 4 hours later to find them ALL in front of the TV, no showers and no jobs complete? WHY?

Why, when I tell them on Saturday night that we are leaving for church 45 minutes early the next day, be ready, do they act all surprised come Sunday morning that I want them in the van at 10:15? Why?

Why, when I tell tell them not to leave the shampoo bottle upside down because it leaks, do I get in the shower to find ... you guessed it, shampoo all over the tub and the bottle upside down? WHY?

Why, when I explain in a calm clear voice (not yelling) that if bedrooms are not cleaned they will not get to go to a friends house, do they through a fit because said friend calls and they can't go play? WHY?


Can you tell me? I need to know; but then..

Why, when I know I need to be reading my Scriptures better, offering prayers more often, get my visiting teaching done, do I put it off and then wonder WHY my life seams to be spinning out of control. WHY?

Just some Monday morning thoughts.

9 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

I have had those same thoughts recently. And the one that goes something like this.... 'when you hear your grandparents generation talk about the chores they had to do, before 5 am in the morning, would their parents have a different version. The version where they had to go in and redo the chore because it wasn't done right, or in time' Are kids any different now than they were then?
It brings me comfort to know you have the same struggles I have. I look at you and my MIL in the same light. Some one I would want to be like.

Jen said...

I think I am reading my own blog. And my kids are young. Thanks for telling me what I have to look forward to! J/K.

Kristy said...

Totally love this post...can't figure out why, oh could it be that is sounds just like MY house :)

TianyaLeigh said...

I'm not sure why Mama, but I love you. It's better when we move out eh? Then you finally get a chance to miss us! Haha. Don't worry I'll whip em into shape for ya when I come home ;) Bytheway, maybe you should ask grandma why... LOVE YOU!

Katie said...

Tracy Thank You. I have been thinking about these same questions but my answer was more poor me. Thanks for helping me rethink the situation. Love Ya!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kodelle said...

Why, oh why, oh why? Its kind of relief to know that maybe its just the way life goes and not my own lack of Mom skills that keeps me asking the same thing with my girls. Thanks.

Warner Family said...

My question is how? How did you get in my brain and say what I was thinking. Its nice to know I am in goop company with my why's.

Barbra said...

I just have to laugh - and I can do that, because I had the same "Why's" when you and your brothers and sisters were growing up. Yep -- what goes aroud, comes around! The time will come when you will sit back and hear the same word's out of your childrens mouths. I guess we all go through it!