Monday, November 1, 2010

Fun With The Youth--Part 1

Okay, don't everyone pass out.  I know I have been a horrible blogger as of late but it has been a little (okay a whole lot) busy.

I would try to get caught up but there is just to much to mentions and I am sure it would bore most of you anyway.

One big thing that happened was I got a new calling.  (about two months ago.)  I am now the Young Women's president of our ward.  I loved serving with R.L and D.W and the others.  I was sad to see them go onto other places to serve.  I am not sure how the girls feel about this change but I have to say I LOVE my new calling (that is when I am not scared to death of my new calling!)

The best part is I get to hang out with all of our fun youth.  

In August the bishop gave all the youth a challenge to read the D&C by October. Those who took and finished the challenge would get to go to a corn maze. Last week we loaded up 5 boys, 5 girls and 4 leaders who finished the challenge along with the Bishop and his wife and went to Cornbellys at Thanksgiving Point. Besides the corn maze there were lots of other things to do. Here are just a few of the many photos I took (and some I borrowed from D. )









It rained and SNOWED while we were there.  I did a lot of hanging out at the fire pits.



 

Guess who was the biggest pansy in the "haunted cave?"  Yep D3 and D4 screamed all the way through it!!


It was so tempting to leave her there!

Thanks Bishop and you wonderful Youth.  You really are the best.

No comments: