Thursday, October 1, 2009

How did this happen?

Yesterday they laid her in my arms for the first time. She was a little 6 pound 8 ounce bundle of beautiful, perfect joy.

Today she is 20. Did you get that? TWENTY!!!

I remember putting her in the car seat to drive her home for the first time, being in a car had never been as scary.

I remember the day when she ate the deodorant from the diaper pail, my prenatal vitamins and Tylenol all in the same day. (she was 2)

I remember when we shared naps and play time together because it was only the two of us. (I think I remember)

I remember taking her to kindergarten for the first time...and walking away.

I remember her first date- Homecoming- and how I wanted to just take a peek in at the dance and make sure she was having a good time.

I remember all these things and so many more and yet I think it all happened overnight because there is no way she can be twenty.




I am not sad or depressed; She is a beautiful women and I am so proud of her. I just don't know how it happened.

Happy Birthday Sweetie. I love you!

1 comment:

Kahre Family said...

The other day I was copying my wedding and reception video to DVD, and there Tia was, the oldest cousin at barely 6 I think, she was so adorable running around and just being silly, and I had that thought, boy she is almost 20 now... Here she is a woman!! I can't believe it the time has gone by so fast... Beautiful girl..