Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day?



Wow, What a Weekend this has been. Friday night I got off early so Icould come home and finish prom dresses. (I didn't finish!) We spent most of the evening up at the High School helping with the fund raiser dinner for D1's tour. On the way home we found out about our neighbors and spent the rest of the evening over there. About 11pm I went down stairs to finish prom dresses. (I didn't finish!)

Saturday morning came bright and early as we had to be to the church at 7am for the YW fundraiser. Then we played Basket ball. (Something I haven't done in years and let me tell you I feel it today!) We left our building to go to the other building and attend the Stake Mother Daughter Activity. That was so fun and D5 and I had a great time just hanging out and visiting with friends.

Then it was time to get serious and finish those dresses. (this time I did with about one hour to go!). Then our house turned into a salon for D1 and D2 and BF! We did hair, make up and nails. With 5 minutes to go before D1's date arrived she put on her dress (had never tried it on) and guess what? It was a tent! Way to big for her skinny little waist. We were still up in our bedroom, me in tears, her trying to comfort me while pinning all the seams. She still looked beautiful and off she went. Dad took her photo.


We went back upstairs to help D2 put her dress on and guess what? It was to big also (not as bad as the first but still large). Again I was in tears trying to pin her seams in when her date came. She also looked very beautiful and left with a big smile on her face.

Another photo.

With them gone hubby and I ran out and picked up chines and hurried home to help D3 get ready for a regional dance. We had signed up as chaperons and so we all left together.

After the dance sometime around 11 Hubby took me to Walmart and said okay what do you want for Mother's day? It took me about 2 seconds to answer. A big BarBQued Steak and a 2 hour nap.

Today after church I got a 3 hour nap, a big Juicy steak and a clean house. It was the perfect day!

Happy Mothers Day Everyone!

4 comments:

Jones Family said...

Hi Tracy this is Tracy Jones I hope you don't mind I snuck a peek at your blog off of someone elses blog and just had to comment on how beautiful your girls are it is amazing how fast time flies....

Unknown said...

The dresses are just beautiful!! Very jane austen! I love them! I hope you had a beautiful Mother's Day! :)

Barbra said...

Hi Sweetie
I haven't checked your blog for awhile, but now that I know you are writing again, I will check in more often.
The dresses are beautiful. How talented you are. The girls are even more beautiful. What a great Mom you are.
Love you!

Warner Family said...

I thought you locked out of your blog. Thanks for telling us. Anyway. You have a great gift and your girls are blessed for it. Nice dresses. They look wonderful.