Saturday, October 4, 2008

Its Here...Fall



With the rain outside my window, the heater coming on and the apples sitting in a box on my kitchen floor, I can't deny that Fall is officially here.


Fall/Autumn is not my favorite time of the year. I know many people like it, I am not usually one of them. Those who know me, know I like it hot, (okay maybe not hot but definitely warm!) I like to go outside barefoot. I like to be in the pool. I LOVE to sit on my porch on a warm summer night with a good book or a good friend to talk to.

Fall means snow and cold are just around the corner! It means kids stuck in the house with no where to go. It means mud tracked into the carpets. I just don't like it.

That being said, there are things I guess I do enjoy about fall.
*I love the bright colors of the trees as they change.
*I enjoy sipping hot chocolate from my favorite mug in the mornings.
*I truly and thoroughly love the holidays, Halloween, Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!!
*I like finding a new hoodie, and making it my favorite for the season. (this year its a BYU-I hoodie-go figure)
*I enjoy soup for dinner (quick, easy and oh so good!)
*I enjoy turning up the heat on my electric blanking, snuggling in and reading a good book.
*I like working on a new project, be it sewing, scrapbooking or something else.

and last but not least
*I love to spend a quite evening at home with the whole family because its to rainy/snowy/cold to go out.

Maybe this year I need to change my attitude a little. Maybe this year if I can't love fall, I can at least try and enjoy these other blessing it brings, as I wait for April to arrive.

Maybe...

2 comments:

Jen said...

You just keep wearing those blue hoodies, sister!!

Kodelle said...

Just think of all those lovely colors of Autumn - the oranges and reds and browns. Such a rich pallette. That has to inspire a little creativity.