Sunday, April 19, 2009

The More Things Change...

So here is how things went at our house this past week.

First, Wednesday was my last day of work.

I loved my job but I also knew I was away from home to much and needed to be home more. I still have some classes to finish up but now I am a stay at home mom. Although that is a change after two years, it isn't really anything new, I have been a stay at home mom for a lot longer than that.

On Thursday, we took D1 back up to school.

It has been so nice having her home these last few months but she was ready to go back. I will miss her terribly but we have already done it once and the second time wasn't as bad as the first. (well almost.)

Saturday, I got a phone call and headed up to the Stake Building for a very intense interview with Elder Shumway.

On Sunday, my sweet, wonderful husband was made the Stake President of our Stake.
We will sit alone on Sundays, he will probably miss school plays, Parent Teacher Conferences and spend his vacation days at camps. We are already used to that.

So you know the saying, "The more things change, the more they stay the same"? It has kind-of been the thought running through my head all week.
I am sure that these changes can only bring great blessings to our lives. I am so blessed!

7 comments:

Jen said...

When he said in his testimony that he married a Stake President's wife, I know what he meant. You were prepped and groomed for this since the beginning. We love you and your family and you are in our prayers as you begin this new chapter in your lives.

Rachael said...

It is nice to know that he was prepped by a good Stake President so he can also be a GREAT stake President. The Lord knows what he is doing and what a blessing it is to have such a good strong family behind him to support and help him!
I am glad that you will get to be up at Camp with us this year too!!

Kristy said...

So exciting!! You have always been a wonderful example to me and my family. This new chapter will be fun to watch. I know you both will do great at it.

COOLWHIP said...

I honestly could not think of someone who is more prepared or better qualified. I enjoyed being able to work with him in YW's, He is a worthy good man. I hope you get to see him a little.

Unknown said...

Lots of changes going on with you! :) Congrats on the calling for your hubby. He is a wonderful person and we felt his spirit and yours when you visited our home.

Warner Family said...

Brad and I can't think af a better man right now for the calling. Our stake will only be the better for it. I know our ward was when he was bishop. You and your family are wanderful examples to all.

Becky said...

Hi,Rushton Family! I was reading your blog and I am amazed at how much your family has grown. Congratulations on your husbands new calling. I am not surprised at all...he was a great Bishop!