Thursday, June 11, 2009

Temple Open House

When we were first told that there were going to be two new temples in the Salt Lake area, like everyone else, I rejoiced. When I found out that we were going to be moved out to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple District, however my enthusiasm wained a little.

I LOVE the Salt Lake Temple. As a little girl, I had a picture of it on my wall. I was married there and even though it might sound a little cliche, I was proposed to on temple square (a dream come true!) The thought of leaving the Salt Lake Temple left me a little sad.

Over the last few weeks my heart has changed. When the kids (all but 2) began to prepare and participate in the Temple Celebration, I once again became excited.

Last month hubby and I have been able to guide tours and sit in training meetings. What an amazing experience that had been for both of us.

As I mentioned in my last post, this past Saturday we took all of the kids along with 3 of D1's friends to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House.

This was such a neat experience for us. D1's friends had never been to an open house so it was fun to be with them and see it through their eyes.







I can now honestly say, that although nothing will ever change my love for the Salt Lake Temple, I can truly rejoice in this new, beautiful temple. What a blessing it will be. I am so excited to attend. We have been blessed!









If you haven't gone to the open house yet, please do, you will be glad you did.
I began again to become excited.

2 comments:

dieMutti said...

It looks beautiful! We're coming out and going to the open house on the July 31st... I'm looking forward to showing the kids "our" temple :)

SistaLuv said...

hey mommy. i am so exited for this new temple!! thank you so much for being worthy to get married there our family will be forever now. i have learned so much from your example and lessons i wont be married anywhere but the temple because of what you taught me!! thanks for being the worlds best mom it cant be easy raising so many kids and teenagers at that but i am greatful for your sacrifice!! when i grow up i want to be just like you!!