Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My New Word

I am a little behind the times (again) with this. But it took a while to get this one right.


I loved the idea of a one word “resolution” I thought it was inspired, I knew it was for me but one word, only one?

The first two weeks of the new year have already held challenges. There is so much I want to do, to accomplish. So many areas of my life that need improvement.

One word… My word for 2010 is Compassion

Compassion-[kuh m-pash-uh n]

Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it.
Synonyms: commiseration, mercy, tenderness, heart, clemency. See SYMPATHY.
Compassion to others around me. An understanding that not everything may be as it appears. A chance, not to judge but to reach out and help.
Compassion to my friends. I have a hard time understanding why people really, deep down care about each other but through this Christmas season and this last couple of weeks I have felt an amazing amount of love and with that comes a desire and even a power to be better, to be more Christ-like, to show more compassion. Compassion takes time, something I am very stingy with.
Compassion to my Family. I expect so much from those I love the most. It’s unfair. I want to be understanding, patient and tender to my sweet family.
Compassion to myself. Not self pity, there is a difference, but understanding that not everything has to be perfect, sometimes I have to allow myself to rest, recuperate, learn, succeed and sometimes fail. Compassion towards myself is knowing who I am and being happy with all that I have.
So now I have put it out there, one of my biggest faults but by choosing Compassion as my word I hope to become a better person.

1 comment:

Warner Family said...

that one word can change the world. Thanks for being such a great example for me. You're wonderful!!!!