Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall

Today is the first day of fall, not something I am excited about. But I decided to try and embrace it. Here is what I did to celebrate

Made me a cup of Fat Free Hot chocolate. (Add a dash of cinnamon and a drop of vanilla extract and its very yummy!)

I put a new scent in my scenty..Nutmeg and Orange Zest. It at least smells warm and cozy.

I put on this years new favorite hoodie (Blue-USU) and did a 3 mile walk after the kids all went to school. (the best part was I didn't even freeze- it actually felt nice.)

Then I came home and put Taco Soup in the crock pot. (recipe to follow).



Now I think I am going to go put some Laundry in the wash and start on some sewing projects.

So What did you do to celebrate fall?

Taco Soup
1 lb Ground Turkey Meat (or hamburger, cooked and drained
1 can Pinto Beans
1 Can Black Beans
1 Can Kidney Beans
1 Can Corn, drained
1 Sm Can Chopped Green Chilli's (if you like it spicier you can add another can but one works just well for me.)
1 Can Olives cut in half
1 Large can stewed tomatoes (I cheated and used about 5 tomatoes fresh from the garden.)
3 Tbs Dried Ranch Mix
1/4 Cup Taco seasoning.

Put it all in the crock pot, mix it and let simmer all day....
Serve with Sharp Cheddar cheese and fritos.
Yummy
(and for those who want to know its only 4 points per bowl. Before the cheese)

5 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

Soup!
And I picked up a new skill... ironing. Yea.....

Kristy said...

Are you a fellow Weight Watcher????

Kristy said...

Are you a fellow Weight Watcher????

Kahre Family said...

Has Katie told you about the new scentsy warmers out next month??? They have a USU and BYU one... Pretty cool!!!

Tracy Rushton said...

Yes Kristy I am.