Thursday, December 3, 2009

Another year older

Today is D2's nineteenth birthday. I know she was just here last week, I know she will be back with us in another week and a half. Today I just miss her.



D2 and I have had our battles. Everyone tells me of all my children she and I are the most alike. I don't see it. She is an incredibly smart and intelligent person. She is very strong, both mentally and physically. She is never afraid to try new things. She loves the outdoors and the cold doesn't bother her. She loves to explore new possibilities and she loves to be with people. She is independent and does her own thinking. She faces problems head on. And deep down she knows what is right and true and she is always trying to be the best person she can be.

Maybe there was a reason she was born in December. The one thing her and I have in common is our love for Christmas. She will listen to the Christmas music with me in October. We both love to look at the tree with all the lights.

So today, as I look at the lights on the tree I will think of her. I will think of the little girl who used to love wearing dresses and play dress up. I will think of all the times we read Harry Potter together (and waited at midnight for the release of a new book or movie.) Today I will think of the girl who liked to have her nails done and then go sit in a mud bog with her camouflage on.

Today I will miss her, and give thanks to my Heavenly Father for such a sweet daughter.

Happy Birthday sweetheart. I love you.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Happy Birthday cute girl...I can't believe she is 19 and NOT married j/k with her choice it will be a few more years yet!! :)