Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Parties and Programs

I though I was done but last week held more programs. D4 had an orchestra concert on Wednesday night. She is doing well with her violin.

D5 had a Sing-In at the school on Thursday afternoon. I have never seen so many people in the school gym--ever; and I have had kids attending there for over 15 years now.
(Can I tell you one of my HUGE pet peeves here? Parents who are so rude at concerts. They cat call, whistle and yell when their child is up but then when it is someone else's they talk loud, stand up in front of you, leave while others are performing, make inappropriate comments and are just downright ignorant! The good thing was my daughter performed last so by the time it was her turn, I was able to move to the front and listen!--sorry, I just had to get that off my chest!)

Anyway the sing in was lots of fun and the little kids are just so darn cute!

We also had parties this past week. I am the room mom in D5's class so we had a party on Wednesday. We played a fun dice game and did a little gift exchange with the "Wright family".



Wednesday was also Activity Days. The girls have worked so hard on all the different service projects we have been doing since October we just had a party and had fun. We also did a gift exchange but this time it was with homemade gifts. The girls worked hard and the gifts were very fun and thoughtful. (Have I mentioned that I have the best calling EVER!!!)











Sunday was the Stake Devotional. I love this and I am so glad our stake does it every year. The music was amazing and the talks perfect. It was what I needed to get my thoughts back to where they needed to be.

No comments: